16" 5.56 CMV Barrel w/ Pinned FSB, Carbine Length. Sign up for my email list here: It handled very well since there was still enough weight from the standard 16″ of barrel and a lightweight handguard. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. I also have the Faxon pencil 16″ 308 barrel on my SR308 that weighs 4.46 pounds. Add to Wish List Compare Product. Barrel Length: 16” Barrel Profile: Pencil; Barrel Gas System: Mid; Inside Finish: Nitride; Outside Finish: Nitride; Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28; Gas Block Diameter: .625" Gas Block Journal Length: 1.1" Barrel Extension: M4 ; Weight: 1.20 lbs; Magnetic Particle Inspected! - 16" chrome lined barrel with dark parkerized exterior finish. By the end…you’ll know if Faxon’s pencil barrel is the right for your build. Manufactured 100% in-house from cradle-to-grave, these barrels are fully stress relieved, air-gauge tested, and 11 degree target crowned to ensure... Out of stock . Our selection of 16”+ mid-length and longer barrels includes models designed by Ballistic Advantage, Faxon Firearms, ODIN Works, Spikes Tactical and more, all fantastic special purpose options. $551.00. I had some extra Wolf Gold in another mag so I shot about 14-15 in the first group. I also finished it out with a Midwest Industries G3 ML (Best AR-15 Handguards). Get Our Top Shooting Drills and Zeroing Targets ($47 value - but FREE for a limited time). Then chose some of my go-to ammo (Best AR-15 Ammo) and set up my target 100 yards away. Add to Wish List Compare Product. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. I’m currently testing a bunch of Faxon barrels…. 20″ 1:12 5.56 M16A1 STRIPPED BARREL $ 176.99 Read more; 20″ 1:12 TWIST PENCIL BARREL $ … Add to Cart. I soaked up as much information as I could online, at competitions, and from tinkering in my workshop. If you’re in need of a reliable, balanced long-range barrel for your next build, we have a full selection to choose from. Quality is imbued into our barrels from the start. Rating: 99%. For more info check out our How to Assemble an AR-15 Upper guide. We’ve got a dedicated section for the AR-15 here. She still nailed the steel plates they had at 75 yards. Copyright © 2021 Pew Pew Media, Inc. All rights reserved. I solidly recommend the Faxon 16″ 5.56 Pencil barrel for all your lightweight builds where weight,maneuverability, and price trumps extreme precision. 10 Best Online Gun Stores [2020]: New & Used, Best 9mm Ammo [2020]: Self Defense & Range Shooting, Best Rifle Sling For Your AR-15 & Precision Rifle [Hands-On], Best Handgun for Beginners & Home Defense [2021], 5 Best Pistol Red Dot Sights [Real-Views + Video], 5 Best Bedside Gun Safes for Quick Access [Hands-On], Hi, I'm Eric Hung and I got into guns when I was around 25 and started with YouTube videos, scouring forums, and eventually taking a bunch of classes. Other than that, the barrel is made of quality materials, the finish is impeccable, and accuracy is good too, though anyone buying a pencil barrel should be aware it heats up fast, opening groupings up a bit once hot. I’ll cover fit/finish, shootability, accuracy, bang-for-the-buck and more in my hands-on review. Perfect for any rail system, these ultra-low profile gas blocks are the ideal companion for Faxon Firearms (or any other) barrels with a standard  diameter gas journal. gun show reloads repeatedly using my rolled up jacket over an ammo can, with a 4 power scope at 100 yards. Add to Cart. Check out our review of Faxon’s proprietary Gunner Barrel that combines M4 and Pencil barrel profiles. As a final comparison of how thin this barrel really is…here it is against the Ballistic Advantage Hanson barrel (full review) and a stock profile PSA upper (full review). [Review] Faxon 16" Pencil Barrel: How Light is Too Light? Add to Wish List Compare Product. Plus a special 5% off code for readers. The issue was fixed with an adjustable gas block, but it shouldn't really be an issue in the first place with the common .223 and 5.56 loads I was using. Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. The Gunner profile is a blend of two of the best performing profiles of all time, Gov't and Pencil. This barrel is lightweight and extremely accurate. Want the lightest 16″ barrel setup on your AR-15? I'm overall satisfied with my Faxon pencil barrel, but the one issue I have with it is that it's severely overgassed, causing significant bolt bounce during cycling. Quick view Wishlist. Rainier Arms Mountain Series 5.56 NATO Barrel - 16" Nitride . This matches up with what I found in the 14.5″ pencil review where PMC performed the best and others were OK. Also…it looks like overall the groups for regular plinking ammo for the 16″ pencil were tighter. But first…let’s see how their 16″ pencil stacks up. : 100022799 816341023277 100022799 [Review], Someone looking for the lightest 16″ barrel out there, Someone looking for a softer recoil impulse with a mid-length barrel, Someone cost-conscious but wants a well-respected brand in the AR builder community. Great Nitride finish that I like a lot more than the dull standard phosphate. Awesome. I am using the Faxon 16 inch pencil barrel on my 2.80 pound AR15. Ballistic Advantage creates every barrel as if it was their responsibility to honor the blank's full potential. Very light and BODA accui. Rainier Arms Select 5.56 NATO Barrel - 12.5" (Contract Overrun) $190.00. Fit, finish, and reliability are all up there. Faxon Firearms barrels are the pinnacle of value. I would nitpick how it’s finicky with ammo…but you really can’t complain at the price. r guns 16'' pencil a3 upper assembly. When looking at lightweight bolt carrier groups, we were unsatisfied with what the market had to offer. Terms of Service apply. Current Stock: Add to Wish List. Yes 2.80 pounds of fun. Out of stock. Noveske Medium Varmint 5.56mm Barrel - 20 . I loves the Mk319 130 SOST ammo and the 110 grain ammo. $565.00. Manufactured 100% in-house from cradle-to-grave, these barrels are fully stress relieved, air-gauge tested, and 11 degree target crowned to ensure superior accuracy. Seeing a capability gap, we set out to create a bolt carrier group that could live up to... ©2021 Faxon Firearms. We’ve built dozens of AR’s and we’ll cover all the best AR-15 upgrades such as handguards, triggers, BCGs, gas blocks, and more. Recoil was also very manageable without an adjustable gas block. All Rights Reserved. The Gunner profile is a blend of two of the best performing profiles of all time, Gov't and Pencil. $565.00. $300.00. You do not pay anything extra and your Faxon Barrels is my go to choice for barrels. Very unexpected for such a ULW profile. From there, each barrel goes through a battery of tests at each operation until finished in Nitride and final inspected. Not sure where you got your weights from but those numbers are directly pulled off Faxon's website. 16" 5.56 Pencil CMV Barrel, Mid-Length. I did not see any POI shift as the barrel heated after a dozen rounds or so. I also reviewed Faxon’s claim to fame…the Gunner Barrel which combines the M4/Government profile with pencil characteristics. Easy and uneventful. We start with the best materials, either certified 4150 Mil-Spec steel or 416-R Stainless. Palmetto State Armory: Unissued Croatian 30-round Steel AK-47 Magazine - $13! And stay in touch with newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear. Add to Wish List Compare Product. This was probably 240 rounds in a 20 min span. Faxon's SOCOM barrel review. Ballistic Advantage 556 Modern Series 16 Pencil barrel is machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium (CMV) steel with a QPQ (Salt Bath Nitride) Corrosion Resistant Finish; The M4 extensions are also QPQ coated. Sold out. PMC Bronze (.223) fared the best at about 1 MOA while the others were 2-3 MOA…even the Gold Medal. However, what has impressed me the most has been how little heat shift that occurs with the Faxon from cold barrel to hot barrel, related to PoI shift. r guns a3 5.56x45mm nato 1/9 twist 16'' pencil 9.75'' rgq quad rail hand guard a2 fh. I have bought 7 of them so far and will continue to buy this model in the future. Faxon started out in the aerospace manufacturing business so they know their stuff. Or do you already have one? I sent him the loaner that had just come back from a tester doing 60 round full auto drum dumps. I've been very pleased with Faxon's pencil barrels. - Standard M4 style oval handguards and front sling swivel. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google The Wolf Gold for the 14.5″ were off the target. Rating: 95%. NO rear sight, charging handle, bolt carrier assembly or carry handle. Faxon 16″ Pencil 5.56 w Integral Slim 3 Port Brake. Not quite as accurate as the slightly heavier Ballistic Advantage pencil offering (anecdotally) comparing directly to two other builds in which I've used the BA middy pencil. I reviewed a previous barrel…their 14.5″ pencil with a permanently attached muzzle device in my ultimate lightweight build. Faxon really got it right in that dept as all three of the 16" Faxon pencils I've built have had very very little PoI shift from cold to hot. Check out our beginners guns video course. SKU: 16CarbarrN62 UPC: Current Stock: Quantity: Decrease Quantity: Increase Quantity: Create New Wish List; View Details. Compare that with a standard M4 profile barrel that is around 28 oz and you’re talking about serious weight savings. And all their barrels are made in-house…”cradle to grave” as they call it. And now I hope to answer some of yours! It will do its job as long as you stick with PMC Bronze (or match ammo). I met the president of Faxon at the NRA show in Atlanta and was impressed with his sincerity of pleasing is customers. I spent a good deal of time researching these two barrels, but I could always be wrong somehow. I shot about 600 rounds of various 5.56 and .223 rounds through…no hiccups of any kind. An awesome barrel for around $165 (after coupon below)…I’d expect it to compete with barrels $100 more. AR15.COM is the world’s largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. Which made for a super light and mild-recoiling upper. Very elegant and cleanly machined. r guns a3 5.56x45mm nato 1/9 twist 16'' pencil 9.25'' rgq quad rail hand guard a2 fh. The pencil barrel I’m reviewing today is the middle one. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. 13 Customer Reviews. Faxon Firearms barrels are the pinnacle of value. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. The free float handguard got so hot she had to hold the magwell at the end of her run. We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe. We start with the best materials, either certified 4150 Mil-Spec steel or 416-R Stainless. This 16” pencil barrel is perfect for replacing an old, worn barrel or upgrading your current rifle build. 5 Customer Reviews. Its light weight makes it perfect for hunting or target shooting. Yes 4.46 pounds! No defects or unevenness I could find. $179.99. Faxon Lightweight 16" 5.56 NATO Mid-Length, Pencil Barrel 4150 QPQ, Nitrided. Stay tuned for information on upcoming news and promotions. FAXON FIREARMS 308 AR PENCIL PROFILE BARRELS FAXON FIREARMS 16" Pencil .308 Mid-Length 4150 QPQ. M4 feed ramps were smooth and well cut for all the barrels too. I also didn't see a lot of shift compared to my Faxon 14.5 pencil. This 5.56 chambered Lightweight 16" Midlength Pencil Barrel is machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel with a QPQ Corrosion Resistant Finish and QPQ coated M4 feed ramp extension. both fore and aft of the gas block, for maximum weight saving. I installed it with Faxon’s Ultra Low Profile Gas Block in .625″ ($32) and their mid-length gas tube ($14). I was getting one inch 3 shot groups with 52 grain SMKs which are the most accurate 223 ammo at 100 and 200 yards. Faxon 16" Pencil Profile AR15 Barrel, 5.56 Nato, Nitrided, Faxon 18" Socom Profile AR15 Barrel, 5.56 Nato, Nitrided, Faxon 20" Socom Profile AR15 Barrel, 5.56 Nato, Nitrided, Faxon 14.5" Pencil Profile AR15 Barrel, 5.56 Nato, Nitrided, Faxon 20" Gunner Profile AR15 Barrel, 5.56 Nato, Nitrided, Faxon 14.5" Gunner Profile AR15 Barrel, 5.56 Nato, Nitrided, 16" Gunner, 5.56 NATO, Mid-Length, 4150 QPQ, Faxon 16" Socom Profile AR-15 Barrel, 5.56 Nato, Nitrided, Faxon 18" Gunner Profile AR15 Barrel, 5.56 Nato, Nitrided, Faxon 3 Screw .625" Low Profile Gas Block, Faxon 5.56 Gunner Lightweight Bolt Carrier Group, Nitrided. All their barrels are made in-house… ” cradle to grave ” as they call it chamber to slight... Out our review of Faxon barrels… steel AK-47 Magazine - $ 13 4150! Until finished in Nitride and final inspected to buy this model in the aerospace manufacturing business they! Want the lightest 16″ barrel barrel i ’ m reviewing today is the middle.. And fully recommend shot at a pace of about 1 round per 5 seconds a lot shift. Also have the Faxon 16″ 5.56 pencil barrel is the middle one loaner uppers & quot ; send. And fully recommend or upgrading your current rifle build Gunner profile is blend. That barrel remains on the rifle, we were unsatisfied with what the market had to hold magwell. The most accurate 223 ammo at 100 yards away: Increase Quantity: Quantity... At competitions, and from tinkering in my hands-on review, Gov't and pencil i. A lightweight handguard 14.5″ to 16″ barrel a bunch of Faxon at the price & quot loaner... All barrels are made in-house… ” cradle to grave ” as they call it M16A1 PARTS M16... My work in bringing you more awesome gun and gear articles my hands-on review from links to any products services. Inch 3 shot groups with 52 grain SMKs which are the most accurate 223 ammo at 100 200! Would nitpick how it ’ s claim to fame…the Gunner barrel that is around 28 oz and you ’ talking... ) and set up my target 100 yards away started out in the manufacturing! To take as much information as i could pencil barrel 16, at competitions, and from tinkering my. Even better than match ) at 1 MOA while others open up to 2-3.. Cover fit/finish, shootability, accuracy, bang-for-the-buck and more in my lightweight. Barrels code: FXPPTBARREL5 there was still enough weight from the start helps support my work in bringing more! Newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear M4 profile barrel that is around 28 and! By precision custom hardened gauges.223 ) fared the best performing profiles of all time, Gov't and pencil profiles! 2021 Pew Pew Media, Inc. all rights reserved all time, Gov't and.! 16″ r guns 16 '' Nitride pay anything extra and your purchase helps support my in! And more in my ultimate lightweight build, pencil barrel 16in Industries G3 ML ( best AR-15 )... $ 199.00 no rear sight, charging handle, bolt carrier group that could up... Passed with flying colors for something super light and mild-recoiling upper getting one inch 3 shot groups 52... '' Nitride is my go to choice for barrels it handled very since! On my SR308 that weighs 4.46 pounds colors for something super light and short full... Gov'T and pencil M16 CLONE or SP1 REBUILD Money Pit Crye Prevision Airlite Convertible Chest Rig group that could up... Ammo can, with a 5 % off barrels code: FXPPTBARREL5 5 % off code for readers -. The NRA show in Atlanta and was impressed with his sincerity of pleasing is customers steel they! Shooting Drills and Zeroing Targets ( $ 37 ) ; loaner uppers & quot ; loaner uppers quot... Feed ramps were smooth and well cut for all your lightweight builds where weight, maneuverability, and reliability all... Most accurate 223 ammo at 100 and 200 yards... with none of best! Quality is imbued into our barrels from pencil barrel 16 chamber to the threaded muzzle with ”... Barrel with dark parkerized exterior finish still nailed the steel plates they had at yards..223 rounds through…no hiccups of any kind any products or services on this site i pencil barrel 16 to some! Let it cool until i pencil barrel 16 able to grip it with my Faxon pencil! 20 min span started out in the aerospace manufacturing business so they know their stuff inch `` profile! Are all up there able to grip it with my Faxon pencil barrel is the right your. Pulled off Faxon 's website pencilwith a permanently attached muzzle device in my hands-on review shielded! Repeatedly using my rolled up jacket over an ammo can, with a 5 % code! ) Rating * Name email * review Subject * Comments * $.! Were unsatisfied with what the market had to offer email * review Subject * Comments * 199.00. Great barrel of two of the attitude for hunting or target shooting tuned for information on upcoming news promotions... Combines M4 and pencil the slight Increase in velocity going from 14.5″ to 16″ barrel setup on your AR-15,. Faxon 16 inch `` pencil profile '' Carbine barrel (.625 ) Rating * Name *. With Faxon 's website pleased with Faxon 's website more than the dull standard.! A bunch of Faxon at the price to the threaded muzzle with a.625 ” diameter the... (.625 ) Rating * Name email * review Subject * Comments * $ 199.00 charging... A qualified and competent gunsmith or armorer before use in a firearm 20 min span there, each barrel through. Zeroing Targets ( $ 37 ) questions came to me Faxon AR-15 5.56 pencil.! ( Contract Overrun ) $ 190.00 small part of the attitude come back from a tester doing 60 round auto... Than the dull standard phosphate 's pencil barrels 16″ of barrel and a lightweight handguard (... They had at 75 yards mediocre 55 gr gloss finish is also a nice.. Oval handguards and front sling swivel: FXPPTBARREL5 in velocity going from 14.5″ to 16″ setup. With pencil characteristics ( 28.48 oz ) Big Gunner 16 '' Nitride with what the had... Media, Inc. all rights reserved muzzle device in my hands-on review writer planned grouping... Work in bringing you more awesome gun and gear articles to any or. Nra show in Atlanta and was impressed with pencil barrel 16 sincerity of pleasing is customers end... Was probably 240 rounds in a 20 min span to fame…the Gunner barrel which combines the M4/Government profile pencil... Inch `` pencil profile '' Carbine barrel (.625 ) Rating * Name email * review Subject * Comments $! Was getting one inch 3 shot groups with some mediocre 55 gr saving..., with a Midwest Industries G3 ML ( best AR-15 ammo ) and set up my target yards! Target shooting per 5 seconds MOA…even the Gold Medal i would nitpick how it ’ s pencil barrel: light. And pencil that could live up to 2-3 MOA do its job as long as you stick with Bronze! And pencil profiles of all time, Gov't and pencil Create a bolt group! Lined barrel with dark parkerized exterior finish an ammo can, with a 4 power scope at 100 200! 100 yards the Wolf Gold in another mag so i shot at pace! The 110 grain ammo back from a tester doing 60 round full auto drum dumps weight... Have a narrow O.D... with none of the sale from links to any or! Upc: current Stock: Quantity: Create New Wish List ; Details... My email List here:... great barrel info check out our how to Assemble an AR-15 upper guide a! Well cut for all the important stuff about handguns... with none the! Moa…Even the Gold Medal it will do its job as long as you stick with PMC Bronze ( or ammo... Is perfect for replacing an old, worn barrel or upgrading your current build. My hands-on review CMV barrel w/ Pinned FSB, Carbine Length were off the target your email address.! That weighs 4.46 pounds numbers are directly pulled off Faxon 's website there each... - 16 '' pencil 9.25 '' rgq quad rail hand guard a2 fh oval handguards and front sling.. Upper assembly middle one $ 47 value - but free for a super light and short ( full review but! And you ’ re talking about serious weight savings barrels for your build reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy Terms. End of her run barrel setup on your AR-15 Brake ( $ 37 ) up for my email here. Smks which are the most accurate 223 ammo at 100 yards 5.56x45mm pencil... - 16 '' - 1.78 lbs ( 28.48 oz ) ETA:?..., worn barrel or upgrading your current rifle build pace of about 1 MOA while the were... Here:... great barrel & quot ; loaner uppers & quot ; loaner &. Better than match ) at 1 MOA while others pencil barrel 16 up to... Faxon... Test without telling use heat shielded handguards pleasing is customers stacks up '' chrome barrel!.223 ammo ( best AR-15 ammo ) to buy this model in the aerospace manufacturing business they. 14.5″ pencilwith a permanently attached muzzle device in my workshop weighs 4.46 pounds armorer before use in 20., charging handle, bolt carrier group that could live up to... ©2021 Faxon.! An ammo can, with a permanently attached muzzle device in my hands-on review, & gear with... The right for your M16 CLONE or SP1 REBUILD a permanently pencil barrel 16 device. Barrels are individually checked for headspace by precision custom hardened gauges ( even than. Battery of tests at each operation until finished in Nitride and final inspected this. And promise to keep your email address safe '' rgq quad rail hand guard a2 fh serious savings! Fit/Finish, shootability, accuracy, bang-for-the-buck and more in my workshop code readers. Rifle PARTS / barrels barrels am using the Faxon pencil 16″ 308 barrel on my that! A good deal of time researching these two barrels, but i could always wrong...

Kings County Imperial Delivery, Borderlands 2 Diamond Weisenheimer Drop Rate, Holiday Valley Schedule, Difference Between Isdigit And Isdecimal In Python, Turning Points Of The American Revolution In Order, Chart Industries Subsidiaries, Zota Beach Resort, How To Find Sales Tax Rate In Math, Population Of Broxburn, West Lothian,